Emine Şenyaşar forcibly taken to hospital

  • 16:54 22 June 2021
  • News
URFA - Emine Şenyaşar, who carried her search for justice to the stairs of the Urfa Courthouse, was blocked by the police, who said that sitting or standing in the courthouse garden was prohibited. Emine Şenyaşar, who got worse, was forcibly taken to the hospital despite her refusal.
The "Justice Watch" started in front of the Urfa Courthouse by Emine Şenyaşar, who lost her husband and two sons as a result of the attacks, and her son Ferit Şenyaşar, who survived the attack with injuries, continues on its 106th day. New "decisions" were taken by the police regarding the family, who faced arbitrary obstacles during the vigil.
Threats of detention to citizens and journalists
The family, who had petitioned many times before to meet with the prosecutor of the case file, entered the courthouse today to file a petition again. When the petition requesting to meet was not answered, the family reacted by saying, "We cannot find a contact person, the arbitrary practices have been going on for three years" and began to sit on the stairs of the courthouse with placards written on "justice". As Emine's laments surrounded the courthouse, the police forbade sitting and standing in the courthouse. While the family's waiting continued despite the blocking, the police threatened citizens and journalists with detention.
Emine got worse
After the police prevented her, Emine said, "My heart can't stand the injustice anymore" and fell to the ground when got worse. She was intervened by the ambulance that came to the scene and refused to be taken to the hospital. Emine, who was forcibly abducted from the scene by the police, was taken to Mehmet Akif Inan Hospital by ambulance. Family lawyer Gökhan Dayık said that Emine's blood pressure had risen during the first intervention at the scene. Gökhan added that there was no positive or negative response to their request for a meeting with the Urfa Chief Public Prosecutor.
It was stated that Emine, who was taken to the hospital, had increased blood pressure and sugar, and doctors intervened with medication.
MA reporter prevented
The police chief, who came in front of the building where Emine was sitting, threatened the Mesopotamia Agency (MA) reporter, who was waiting outside the garden, saying, "There is no journalistic activity, go away, if I see you taking a footage, I will be detained." While Emine had a nervous breakdown, the MA reporter who wanted to take a picture outside the courthouse was prevented by the police. Despite being outside the building, the police tried to take the phone of the reporter by twisting arm, which reporter prevented on the grounds that it was a "courthouse outbuilding". The reporter, who had treated badly, was taken out of concrete blocks in front of the courthouse.